Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Harlot!

So, back in September I was at my knitting guild meeting at the not-so-local yarn shop. Jack, the owner of the shop was telling us about some author who was coming to the store. He asked us if there was anyone we'd like to see there.

Now, we're not a quiet group, and it was an especially noisy meeting, so I called out, "Can you get the Yarn Harlot?"

Jack replied, "I can get anyone I want!" We all scoffed, and that was the end of it...or so we thought.

Next thing I knew, in just a couple of days there was an email to the group from Jack, announcing that the Yarn Harlot would be at his shop in, like, a week and a half! Jack had pulled some strings, ordered a bajillion copies of the bookbookbook, and got Stepanie Pearl-MacPhee to shoehorn in a stop at his shop in between a couple of other appearances.

As luck would have it, we were scheduled to be out of town the day she was at the shop, so I emailed my sister and begged her to go to the Big Event and get a copy of the bookbookbook autographed for me. She is SUCH a good sister!

Steph and Cherryl, hangin' at the shop...






No comments: