Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oh, My Goodness!
I haven't posted here since June? I am a bad, bad blogger. Someone should take away my blogging privileges... BUT, since they have not done that, I will attempt to rectify my neglect.

So, what's been happening? Two rooms of the 'new' house are finished, with the exception of the bathroom cabinetry and the baseboards. Well, ok, they still need some other stuff done, too, but when you've lived with plywood floors and raw drywall for over a year, this is a huge leap forward. They are splendid! Our dear friend Steve (a.k.a. "The Polecat") spent several weeks here with us in July and August, mudding and taping drywall, and let me tell you, he is a wonder at that job. He will be coming back soon to finish the work.
Rich has been designing and building the wood trim for the finished rooms. There are no words for how beautiful his work is. In one upstairs bedroom, we have a pressed-oak bed and dresser set that was a wedding gift from my great-grandparents to my grandparents. Rich matched and hand-carved a part of the design from the furniture to make corner-blocks for the door and window trim. I can't get the pics out of my camera at the moment (missing camera-computer patch cord), but will post them as soon as I can.
In the upstairs bathroom, he designed the MOST wondrous trim, painted white to accent the pale-gray walls. Again, pics to come. He will be building a vanity and some other cabinets for that room, as well.
The master bath, downstairs, is making progress, too. Rich beadboarded the walls, and will be using a tile design that mimics an antique tin ceiling for that room.

There has been knitting! The last of the Fifty Socks for Fifty States samples have been knit and mailed off to Washington for their photo ops, and the patterns are in the process of being edited as I type. They all turned out beautifully, and I am proud to be included in this compilation of patterns. Guess what...those pics are also being held captive by my missing camera patch cord.

No comments: